To submit a story for publication on our website:
1. Only Microsoft Word documents will be accepted. No pdfs.
2. Title, author, word count to appear at the top of the page. Please also indicate at the top of the page if you with to license your story with a creative commons license by typing: Creative Commons = YES or Creative Commons =No. (See Creative Commons License explanantion below).
3. Please format your document as follows: 12pt Times New Roman. 1.5 line spacing.
4. Stories must be no longer than 3000 words. Remember, people may be reading on screen, attention spans can be short.
5. Please include a short biography (no more than 300 words), including a brief publication history, a photograph of yourself, and any links to your author website/books pages or blog, or your publishers site. Links will be authenticated, and any links to other sites will mean your work will not appear.
6. Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org/with the subject line Story Submission.
7. We reserve the right not to use your story.
8. Submissions are open to published writers who are African citizens, part of the African Diaspora, or residing permanently in an African country and whose work focusses on Africa.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
You may wish to license your story with a Creative Commons CC-BY-ND license (http://www.creativecommonsza.org). This means that your work will be available for other people to use as long as they attribute you as the original author. This may be useful to gain wider exposure for your work, as publishers can then use your story in anthologies as long as they credit you. It is something to consider if your story is unlikely to earn you royalties, or has been in print for a long period of time and no longer generates an income for you.
Short Story Day Africa is a partner of WikiAfrica, a project on Wikipedia that is aimed at rebalancing the amount of information on Africa and its cultural practitioners on the world’s largest online encyclopaedia, Wikipedia.