1. Any African citizen, or person who is part of the African diaspora, as well as persons residing permanently (granted permanent residence) in an African country, may enter. Entries will be read blind (names removed).
2. Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Win a Workshop Competition. Include your name, telephone number, an email address where we can contact you and postal address in your entry. Also include the name of one of Jamal Mahjoub’s novels.
3. The deadline for entries is Wednesday 20 June 2012.
4. Stories must be your own original work, and no longer than 500 words in length.
5. By submitting a story the author attests that it is their own original work and grant non-exclusive print and digital rights to Short Story Day Africa and Books Live for publicity purposes.
6. Winners will be notified by 31 July 2012, though should we be flooded by stories, we reserve the right to delay the announcements.
7. We will not share information. We will, however, add you to Short Story Day Africa mailing list for the express purpose of informing you of next years event.
8. Stories are limited to the English language.
9. The judges decision is final.
10. To qualify for entry, you must follow @shortstoryAFR, @BooksLiveSA and @HenriettaRI on Twitter.