SHORT STORY DAY AFRICA 2018 FLOW WORKSHOP SERIES
Short Story Day Africa in partnership with the Beit Trust invite submissions to attend a series of two day workshops in the following cities:
(PLEASE NOTE: the workshop in Kasama has been changed to Kitwe. Writers from Kasama will still be accommodated. If you were applying for the Kasama workshop, please now apply for the Kitwe workshop and note on your application that you are from Kasama. Should your application be accepted, we will contact you directly to make arrangements).
Blantyre, Malawi | 4-5 August 2018
Lilongwe, Malawi | 4-5 August 2018
Kitwe, Zambia | 4-5 August 2018
Lusaka, Zambia | 4-5 August 2018
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe | 4-5 August 2018
Mutare, Zimbabwe | 4-5 August 2018
Writers are invited to submit an application for the 2018 Flow Workshop Series. Preference will be given to writers working on entries for the prestigious 2018 Short Story Day Africa Prize.
Send a 200 word sample of your original writing, or a 200 word sample of your SSDA Prize entry, along with a short biographical statement of no more than 100 words, to email@example.com with the subject line HOTEL AFRICA FLOW and the country you are applying for, i.e. HOTEL AFRICA FLOW LUSAKA if you are applying for Lusaka, HOTEL AFRICA FLOW BULAWAYO if you are applying for Bulawayo. NB: If you do not use this exact subject line your submission will be missed. Or, submit using one of the buttons below, which will open an email with the correct subject line and address. Submissions close 27 July 2018. Please read the Terms and Conditions below carefully before applying.
The workshop is free for selected participants, however space is limited. Successful applicants will be notified no later than the 27 July 2018. If you have not heard from us by then, your application has not been successful.
Details of the 2018 Short Story Day Africa Prize are available on the website: http://shortstorydayafrica.org/the-ssda-prize/
We are grateful to our 2018 Flow Workshop partners, the Beit Trust, for the generous funding they have provided to run these workshops.
Terms and conditions of entry:
- Only African citizens, as well as persons residing permanently (granted permanent residence or similar) in any African country, are eligible to attend the workshops.
- The workshops are free, and refreshments will be provided. However, only selected participants may attend.
- Travel costs costs to the workshop are not covered. Applicants are entirely responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from the venue.
- Any person granted a place at the workshop who does not then attend will be disqualified from entering the 2018 SSDA Prize and any SSDA Prize in the future, excepting where 72 hours notice is given or in cases of extreme emergency.
- To apply, submit a 200 word sample of your original work, and accompanying 100 word bio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line HOTEL AFRICA FLOW and the country you are applying for, i.e. HOTEL AFRICA FLOW LUSAKA if you are applying for Lusaka, HOTEL AFRICA FLOW BULAWAYO if you are applying for Bulawayo and so forth. Or, submit using one of the city buttons below, which will open an email with the correct subject line and address. NB: If you do not use this subject line your submission will be missed.
- Submissions close 24 July 2018.
- Samples must be submitted in English, and any writers wishing to attend the workshops or enter the prize must be able to write in English.
- Successful applicants will be notified no later than 27 July 2018. The judges decision is final.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
To open a submission email with the correct address and subject line, please click on the city you wish to apply for.