Friends of Ba re e ne re, we’re extremely excited to announce that starting 1 May until 30 June 2016 we’ll be accepting submission for a short story collection/anthology we plan to publish later this year. Through the collection we wish to showcase the wealth of Basotho stories and encourage those who have a talent for writing to take the chance and let their voices be heard.
Anthology Submission Guidelines
· The anthology will be published as a print book and e-book to showcase original fiction writing by writers from and based in Lesotho.
· Any person of Lesotho citizenship or long term Lesotho residency of more than 3 years may submit stories. Questions of eligibility will be determined by Ba re e ne re.
· Writers may submit up to 3 short stories for consideration.
· Stories must not have been previously published.
· Stories should be fiction stories of 1000-5000 words.
· Stories may be submitted in English or Sesotho.
· All submitted writing must be original works of the writer’s creation.
· Stories must be submitted between 1 May and 30 June 2016.
· Submissions must be emailed as attachments to email@example.com
· By entering, writers grant non-exclusive print and digital publishing rights to Ba re e ne re.
· By entering, writers agree to work with the editors of the book to prepare their story for publishing if selected.
Lipehelo tse tataisang
· Letsoalloa la Lesotho kapa moahi ea phetseng Lesotho bonyane lilemo tse tharo a ka romella lipale tsa hae. Ba re e ne re e tla amohela lipotso ho ba se nang bo ‘nete ba hore na ba oelella ka lesakaneng le feng le boletsoe.
· Batho ba nang le thahasello ba ka romella lipale tse sa feteng boraro.
· Lipale li se ke tsa ba tse kileng tsa hatisoa kae kapa kae pele.
· Lipale e be tse iqapetsoeng, ‘me li be bolelele bo lipakeng tsa mantsoe a sekete le likete tse hlano (1000-5000).
· Lipale li ka ngoloa ka leleme la Sesotho kapa la Senyesemane.
· Lipale tsohle tse tla romelloa e be mosebetsi o qapiloeng le moromelli ka sebele, eseng o qopilitsoeng.
· Lipale li romelloe lipakeng tsa 1 Mots’eanong le 30 Phuptjane 2016.
· Lipale li romelloe ka mokhoa oa ho qhoaelloa posong ea marang-rang (e-mail attachment) atereseng firstname.lastname@example.org
· Ka ho romella lipale tsa bona, motho le motho o fana ka litokelo tse ikhethileng ho Ba re e ne re ho hatisa mosebetsi oa bona pampiring le marang-rang.
· Hang hoba motho a fane ka mosebetsi oa hae o itlama ho sebetsa le bahlophisi ba buka ena ea khokahanyo ea lipale tse khutšoane ho lokisetsa hore lipale tsa bona li tle li hatisoe.
About these ads
Ba re e ne re is a registered educational organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of Basotho people by promoting initiatives that support improved literacy and creative platforms for expression. Through our work, Basotho, and youth in particular, access training and outlets to practice literacy and share the unique stories Lesotho has to offer with local and international audiences.
Our flagship project is the Ba re e ne re Literature Festival, first held 2011 by our late founder Liepollo Rantekoa. The festival is an annual international literary arts event, which brings writers, readers and leaders together to share ideas and creative works.
The three goals of the Ba re e ne re Literature Festival are focused for high impact. Through our programming, we aim to:
· Cultivate the next generation of writers and storytellers in Lesotho through literary training and platforms for expression.
· Connect Lesotho’s literary arts community with creatives in other African countries and beyond for creative exchange and improved publishing opportunities.
· Establish an ongoing platform for literary arts activities in Lesotho.
· Instigate the use of literature as a tool to address pressing socio-economic and political issues within Lesotho.
Ke tšomo ka mathetho!